Wednesday, January 21, 2009

His Compassion, Our Commission

by Alyssa

In the past I never thought God would or was calling me to South America, yet here am I only 6 weeks away from taking my second trip to Ecuador with in a year's time. It's remarkable of how God as taken me to this point. I was nine when I first gave my life to the Lord. I remember praying, "here I am, Lord. Send me." I didn't know what He would do with my prayer at the time but with child-like faith I trusted Him. Today, I see God's hand leading me to surrender even more and to allow Him to work in my life. I still don't know how God will continue to use me but I say, "here I am." The prayer of my heart can be expressed in a song written by a staff member, Dick Grout, of Elim Bible Institute where I attended college. I will leave you with that :-)
His compassion, our commission.
Reveal to me Your heart for the nations.
His compassion, our commission. As I follow You, send me.

I don't know where this yes will lead me,
but I am saying yes to You, I want to obey.
Yes, I love You. Yes, I trust You. Yes, I'll follow You all the way.

His compassion, our commission.
Reveal to me Your heart for the nations.
His compassion, our commission. As I follow You, send me.


No comments:

Post a Comment