Thursday, March 5, 2009

God is faithful


God has been really awesome to us the whole time we have been here in Ibarra..Since the first day we got here I had something in my head telling me that if at least one person’s faith gets strengthened because of the food we are giving away than that’s enough.

Today I was supposed to meet with the mother (Doris) from the first family we went to because she told me she wanted to talk to me about something important. I couldn’t meet with her but I saw her at band practice and she talked to Danielle and I. She said “I just want you guys to know that last week one of my relatives died and we had to do a trip to Colombia for his funeral. On Monday morning my husband told me that we had no money to buy food because of the trip. I told him that we needed to trust in God and he’ll provide. The next day around 5 pm you guys showed up in my house saying that you had food for us. God answered our prayers through you guys and because of that our faith is stronger” ….So I guess we are in the right place at the right time and GOD IS working in people’s lives. What makes this story such a blessing is that a few hours before we met with Doris we had wrote the previous blog... “For most of these families it is more than just groceries we are giving; it is an answer to prayer. It strengthens their faith in God to see that someone who has never met them before is bringing hope to them….” We had no idea that Doris felt this way or that she had been praying and trusting that God would provide food for her family. It wasn’t just her faith that got strengthened but ours as well.

By: Efra

No comments:

Post a Comment